Oct 12, 2012

FO Fridays: Bees and Leaves

The internet issues still haven't been fixed. Our router died, meaning the only computer hooked up directly is the boyfriend. I have very little internet time.
When all you can really complain about is a busted up router, you know life is pretty frackin good.

I just recently started a new job. I work at a craft store. I LOVE IT.

Onto my finished projects.

I recently finished my BONUS shawl  scarf.

Its the Apis Dorsata pattern from Knitty, Deep Fall 2011
I've had my eye on the pattern since it came out. The pattern calls for 2 skeins of Madelinetosh Merino Light in Nutmeg. 
I couldn't afford the yarn it called for unfortunately, so I just put it aside as a 'hopefully one day' project.


Then I saw this yarn online.
It's Knit Picks Gloss Fingering. The colorway is called Honey. Perfect, right? 
They were discontinuing the colorway.
I snatched it up.
I used about 2.5 skeins.


Knitting up the scarf in the yarn called for is still on my 'hopefully one day' list.


I also finished another little project. Well. Half finished it. 
I made a mitten! It's actually my first ever mitten.
I'm delaying making my last 2 gifts this year. I wanted a project to make for myself, because I'm selfish like that. That and I really don't want to make them.


This is the Leaf Mitten from Vogue Knitting Fall 2011.
...I just realized that Fall 2011 must have been a very good season...
I made these mittens using stash yarn. They were very spontaneous, and a pretty quick knit too.


Another thing I've also realized is that it's not easy taking photos of your own hand. 

1 comment:

  1. gahhh I'm so jealous that this is your first mitten! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete