Sep 25, 2012

Year of Shawls: May Wingspan


Looks like we're up to May. Only six more silly posts. Not bad. This was actually my third knitted shawl this year.

The pattern's called Wingspan. I knit it using worsted weight yarn. I wanted it to have a more poncho type feel to it. I actually used Lion Brand Amazing in Glacier Bay. The colors do remind of a glacier. I love this yarn.



I have a confession to make. I didn't knit this from my stash. I actually bought the yarn specifically for this shawl. 


I figure that's OK though. This is also the only shawl that I've made especially for someone. 



I knit this shawl for my grandmother. Well. Kinda. My grandmother died when I was 5. I never really got a chance to know her.

I've never been without a grandmother though. I've always had Linda.

She's always loved us like we were her own. She's always been proud of us like we were her own.
She's always been grandma.

I've never really told her how much she means to me, though. 


So, I thought it was fitting that the first shawl I make for someone this year would be for her.
I'm going to give it to her for Christmas. (I hope she doesn't find out...)

No comments:

Post a Comment