Sep 11, 2012

Year of Shawls: March Holden


Looks like we're up to the March shawl. (Who am I fooling...I don't think people actually read this...)

For March I did the Holden Shawlette. One thing I've noticed since starting this quest of one shawl a month this year, is I'm picking up a bunch of different words. Like shawlette. Google wants to auto-correct that to Hewlett. Yeah. Hewlett. As in Hewlett-Packard, the computer company.

Looks like I'm not the only one picking up new words. It looks like a shawlette is a small shawl.
Definitely not a computer.

Either way, enough rambling.



I knit this using stash yarn from a weaving project. Its Lion Brand 1878, which is a fingering weight 100% wool yarn. Its perfectly lovely for weaving projects. For the price, you honestly can't beat the quantity or the quality.
I'm actually planning my next weaving project right now. I'm going to make hand woven curtains.
Sometimes I think I just might be a bit crazy. 




Its a very simple shawl pattern. The edge kinda resemble waves. The shawl is finished off with a picot edge. All in all, I love the look of the shawl.

And I'm not the only one.



My cat decided to photo bomb my shawl.

 Here's a close up:



Whats kinda interesting is that he never really climbs up into that little nook. Turns out he was just waiting till he could be in a photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment