Sep 18, 2012

Year of Shawls: April Haruni

Although this is technically my April shawl, its technically my first shawl this year. Why? Well I actually joined the group Dozen shawls in 20dozen in April.
I've been playing catch up since then.

I'm fully caught up now. I'm actually going to cast on for my September shawl sometime this weekend.

So, here is my April shawl.


The pattern is called the Haruni. At the time, this was my most challenging shawl.


I knit the shawl using Knit picks yarn, which I dyed. I love dyeing yarn, especially with Kool-Aid.
I had seen this tutorial online and I loved the effect. Several weeks later I found the Haruni pattern. I knew they had to go together.


I used two packets of Orange Kool-Aid for this project and one full skein of yarn. I love the result of the dyeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment