Sep 17, 2012

Cross Stitch Sundays: Geisha and a Bunny


I had a great weekend. I've been productive. I went out to an estate sale and a yard sale. I picked up a crewel embroidery and a cross stitch. Yay! I then went out rock climbing with two girls from my knit night. I almost made it to the top of the kiddie course. Yay! I've also had a crewel embroidery sitting around, waiting to be re-framed since June. I finally got around to framing it (more on that later). Yay!

I've been able to get some work done on my Geisha cross stitch. It's still pretty slow going. I'm not so crazy about gold metallic threads. I do enjoy the look though. 


I have my next cross stitch in mind. Well, I've had it in mind for a while now. My sister came out here for a visit this Summer. While she was out here, we hit up a couple of thrift stores and estate sales.

I picked this up at a thrift store out here in Las Vegas. I paid 3 dollars (more on that later).



The threads came in a big lumpy tangled mess. The actual fabric is very wrinkly. 


It's actually a half finished stamped cross stitch. Copyright 1987. So it's technically older than I am. I've never done a stamped cross stitch before. I do mostly counted cross stitches.


It really is half finished. This one stitch wasn't completed. I've decided to keep it like that.

I view it as a kinda homage to the person who last worked on it. 


I love giving things that have been lovingly handcrafted a new home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment