Sep 19, 2012

WIP Wednesdays: Sweater for Mom

Today I've found myself working on my Moms Christmas present. I'm making her a sweater. I cast off for the body, now I'm just working on finishing the first arm. I actually really love the design. 



I'm determined to get the knitted gifts finished in time this year. So far I'm making pretty good progress.
I've made Grandma a shawl.
I've made my Grandpa a scarf. I still need to make him a hat.
I've made my stepdad a scarf. I still need to make him gloves.
I'm working on my Moms sweater.
I still need to make my cousins their gifts. The gifts are both small.


I regrettable haven't been working on my September shawl. The sweater is a bit time consuming.



I've finally reached the midway point on my Bonus shawl.


I've finally gotten to watch the Season 6 Doctor Who Christmas Special. I must confess, I don't like being caught up on shows. I hate having to wait for new episodes. I'm more a fan of DVDs. I can sit and feel really lazy and watch for hours. I hate waiting.
Well. I'm finally going to get caught up on Doctor Who. I plan on watching the Season 7 premiere sometime very soon.

Enough rambling. 
While watching the Christmas Special, I couldn't help but OOH and AAH over all the knitwear. One piece that really drew my attention was this sweet little vest.



 I was so taken by this little vest, that I've decided to make it. Last night I couldn't sleep. I had this on my mind. I stayed up last night perusing Ravelry looking for some similar pattern. I couldn't find any.

I'm determined to have this vest. I will have this vest, even if that means I must design it.
While I'm at it, I should look into having that dress too.

4 comments:

  1. I actually just found this blog post because I was searching for the pattern for the Madge Arwell sweater vest! I'm going to book mark this in case you decide to post a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am looking for a pattern for Madge's sweater vest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Did anyone ever find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete