Sep 20, 2012

Thrifted Thursdays: Awesome Weekend

I had a very awesome weekend.
I went out to a yard sale and estate sale. I also went rock climbing for the first time, with two girls from my knit night. We ended up grabbing lunch together.

This is my yard sale haul.

This is a finished and framed crewel embroidery kit. Copyright 1979. 
It was $7.00. Not bad.



I love the way its framed. Some of the stitches are starting to come undone, but with the framing job I'll be able to fix it if it gets worse.



At the same yard sale I picked up this moose. Or is it an elk? Either way, I love it.
This one was only $1.00. Yeap. Definitely not bad.


Its a cross stitch. She even 'signed' it. I can't make it out though.



I picked up a couple of other pieces, including this really awesome sweater. It's double knit. The motifs are duplicate stitched on. It feels like acrylic. The sleeves are long kimono shaped. I love this sweater, and I can't wait til it gets cold. It was $1.50.


 I also picked up a little gift for my sister. It was her birthday last week. I plan on mailing out a box to San Angelo in the next couple of days.


I also picked up a highly practical coffee mug. I love using random vintage coffee mugs, and this one sent me back $0.25.



All in all a very awesome weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment