Aug 28, 2012

Year of Shawls: January 198 YoH



This year I decided to do something completely different. I decided to knit a shawl a month. 

I had been feeling rather isolated and unchallenged with my knitting. I found myself getting bored. It was starting to be more of a mindless chore. I needed something different. So, on Ravelry I joined a group called dozen shawls in 20dozen. I've had a Ravelry account for years, but I had never used it to connect with people. I always just sorta...lurked. (Very fitting once you consider that my username is somethingslurking)

So, with all of that, here's my January shawl. 


The pattern is called 198 yards of Heaven. I loved knitting this shawl.


I've also given myself another challenge. I'm not allowed to buy new yarn. (...Well...its not a set in stone rule...) I need to knit from my stash. So far this year I'm doing a pretty good job with that one. I did buy yarn for my February and May shawls. In my mind, I can justify both of those purchases. That's all that really matters.

I used one skein of NaturallyCaron.com Spa in Ocean Spray.

I'm really happy that I put myself out there on Ravelry. I've actually started going to a knit night out here in Las Vegas. My sister's been pestering me for a while about getting a blog. I think Ravelry was just the motivation I needed to get this thing up and going. 


No comments:

Post a Comment