Aug 27, 2012

Two Headed Mouse Teapot-Part Two


Ceramics is not my best subject.
After making my original Two Headed Mouse Teapot, I decided I needed to make a better version.
I'm much better at crocheting.

So, I decided to crochet one.

I didn't have any pattern in mind. I just started to crochet in a ring, working out a basic teapot shape. The whole process consisted of a lot of ripping out stitches and redoing things. 

And I ended up with this

I used wool for the teapot and I lightly felted it. I imagine if I could fill it with water, it would pour nicely.



I used the same stitch pattern from The Whilameenas for the tail.




I redesigned the actual mouse. I wasn't happy with the way the pattern was written. So, I completely changed the body and head. I separated the body from the head, and redesigned the shape.

It was much the same process as the teapot. I just started crocheting. I didn't write down a pattern.

I used fun fur and cotton yarn for the body. (If I ever re-do it, I think I'll forget the fun fur.)


Next up: Make matching teacups and saucers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment