Aug 26, 2012

Two Headed Mouse Teapot-Part One


A couple of years ago, I took a ceramics class. The final project was to combine two objects into one lidded  vessel.

I wanted to make a teapot. I still needed another object.
So, I decided to combine a mouse and a teapot.

Perhaps a little background story would help. Growing up one of my favorite stories was Muffin Mouse's New House by Lawerence Difiori. The story is about a mouse who has to find a new house. She eventually settles on a really cute teapot. Since then, I've always kinda associated teapots and mice together.

Weird, I know.


I decided that I wanted the mouse to be part of  the teapot. I had a vision of the tail being the handle.

I decided to make the mouse two headed, after seeing  the crochet pattern The Whilameenas.



A one headed mouse would have been too...expected. 

So, for those counting that's:

Two heads
Four arms
Two tails


For my first teapot, it turned out well enough. Water has a tendency to get everywhere though, because I didn't build a very good spout. It also weighs a ton.

I'll admit to never using it for tea. Its just for pretty...if you can call it that.

I knew I could do a better job.

So, I redid it.

But this time out of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment