Aug 29, 2012

WIP Wednesdays: August and a Sweater


I've decided to start a recurring post called WIP Wednesdays. The idea is that it will force me to a.) work on projects, b.) post on my projects.

So far it's working. I actually picked up and started to knit my sweater today.

Anyway, these are my two projects I'm working on now.

My August shawl, Budding Shawlette. I'm using stash mystery yarn. I have no idea what kind of fiber this is. I just know that its not acrylic:)

(Bonus photo: Yarn bowl my boyfriend made me.)



I'm using stash beads. They have a turquoise center and amber outer. The yarn and beads color-wise I think actually go nicely together.I wasn't sure if they would work together.



The other project I have on my needles right now, is a sweater. My mom requested it for her Christmas present. I'm on a mission to finish up the gifts on time this year. Last year I didn't send off gifts til March.

The sweaters coming along nicely. I like cabling work. I'm still in awe how easy cabling is, but how fancy and complicated it looks. Its a nice break from all that lace.

All in all I think that WIP Wednesday has been successful. I actually picked up the sweater and knit some. I might actually get it done by Christmas.





No comments:

Post a Comment