Oct 4, 2012

Thrifted Thursdays: Big Hit

I love going to thrift stores. There's something about the hunting thing that I love. I have my favorites out here in Las Vegas. Sometimes it's hit or miss.

This time was definitely a hit.

My sister was out here in Las Vegas this Summer. Back in June we went out to one of my favorite thrift stores. While walking through the holiday/craft section I spotted this guy.


It's a Bucilla felt kit. Santa's Vintage Car. It was still sealed. I turned it over and spotted the price tag.


 Yeap. 3.00.
Online they retail for 40.
So I snatched it up. Did I mention that it's never even been opened?

I also spotted this kit at the same time.


The price tag on this one was 6.00. The lady at the cash register took a look at that and said "that seems like too much."
She ended up selling it to me for three dollars. It's a half finished stamped cross stitch kit. It's also my most recent finished cross stitch project.

Sometimes thrift stores are hits.

In fact, the fabric in the background I also picked up at that thrift store. It didn't have a price tag. It's over 12 yards. She gave us a price of 2.00.

2 comments:

  1. DO you think you'll make the felt kit or sell it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm not sure yet. Honestly I don't know if/when I'd ever make it....Where you interested in it?

    ReplyDelete