Sep 7, 2012

FO Fridays: Angee


I've decided to start a new recurring blog post. I've chosen the wholly unoriginal title of Finished Object Fridays. I'm really not all that original.

Anyways, my first post shall be...socks. (you thought I was going to say shawl...)

I love knitting socks. I'm on a not so secret mission to replace every pair of socks I own with hand knit ones. I'm doing pretty well with my goal. Although I haven't really knit any this Summer. 

These are actually the socks that started it all.


These are Cookie A's Angee. I love Cookie A's sock patterns.


These were actually the first charted pattern I had tackled. They were a challenge, but I loved it.


I dyed the yarn for the socks myself using...what else...Kool-Aid and this tutorial.
I love these socks. I knit them using Knit Picks yarn.


Ultimately this is a sad story. A very sad story.
I've worn these socks so often and so much that they are starting to show their age...I'm not sure if/when I can wear them again. I need to reinforce the sole. (Really it comes down to when I get around to it)


No comments:

Post a Comment